Tuesday, October 2, 2007

This is it.

This school year has really been different from every other one I've ever had. For the first time in my life, I've gotten over the what-if? component of my life. I've always second guessed myself, and now that I've kind of gotten over it... it feels strange.

My life at school is completely different from the one I left at the end of last semester. And now that I think of it, every person who was important back then has been pushed back to the peripherals of the day-to-day here at Hood.

Maybe it was because I stopped trying to hold all those relationships together. Maybe it's because they did too.

But life is good. I've met other people. I don't feel like they've replaced the people I used to hold so dearly, but they make me feel content. I don't want to let go of those relationships that were so important to me back then and forget the experiences we had, but I'm just going to remember them for how amazing everything we used to do was. Because things really were great. Maybe we'll become close again one day.

I'm not about cutting ties anymore, but I'm also not about fighting for intimacy that might not be there anymore.

So, I'm leaving myself open to everything.

I have a hall meeting and then I'm going to third floor Meyran to hang out with the people that I think have so much potential to be amazing.

No comments: